Welcome to video4change
Video for Change is what we are calling the use of video to affect social change. From 5 - 9 June 2012 in Yogyakarta, Indonesia, EngageMedia and WITNESS co-hosted a global gathering of organisations that use video for activism. It was attended by 13 organisations.
It was a fruitful event, sparking collaborations between the organisations and reinforcing the importance of video in campaigning, advocacy and social change. The event was documented through the v4c.org wiki. Blog posts have also been written about the event:
- Video4Change Retreat Highlights
- Video for Change (v4c) Report Back: How to Hack a Hackation on the MIT Civic Media Lab
- Video 4 Change Gathering and Outcomes on Clear Channel
- Thoughts on v4c Gathering & Floss Manuals / Book Type on Clear Channel
- Indonesia: EngageMedia's Video4Change Retreat on Video for Social Change on Global Voices
This website will reflect the plans that were made during the gathering and the activities of the participating organisations.